Research Edition Modem
Our research edition modems are designed to bridge the gap between developing applications using a simulator and high-end commercial deployments. Due to its low cost, these modems provide an easier entry to the world of underwater communications to any underwater technology enthusiasts.
- Up to 15 kbps data rate*.
- Ranging functionality with 0.1 m precision.
- Doppler resilience of ±4 knots or better.
- Support for coherent and incoherent communication schemes.
- Support for arbitrary signal transmission as well as recording (passband, baseband).
- Support for user defined communication schemes using UnetStack.
* Depending on channel conditions and reliability requirements.
A modem in the standalone configuration (SC) operates on external power source such as a battery (for underwater deployments) or a power supply (for deployments from the water surface).
|Modulation (software defined)||PSK-OFDM, FH-BFSK|
|FEC (Forward Error Correction)||- LDPC (up to 1/6 rate code)
- JANUS (1/2 rate convolution code)
|JANUS support||Yes, subject to operating frequency band|
|Carrier frequency||24 kHz|
|Bandwidth||12 kHz (20 - 32 kHz)|
|Source level||175 dB re 1 µPa @ 1 m rms (nominal)|
|User Interface||Interactive web UI|
|Power source||22 - 28 VDC (24 VDC recommended)|
|Power consumption||< 4 W (receive mode, nominal)
< 25 W (transmit mode, avg.)
|External interface||Ethernet (10/100 Mbps)|
|On-board storage||32 GB|
|Operating depth||100 m|
|Dimensions||⌀ 130 ✕ 290 mm|
|Operating temperature||0 to 40 °C|