Silver Edition Embedded Configuration Modem
Subnero’s silver edition underwater modem is the workhorse communication node to be used in the general commercial deployments. This modem also provides options for customization and extension at many levels, allowing network protocols as well as physical layer algorithms to be implemented and tested easily.
- Up to 15 kbps data rate*.
- Up to 5 km communication range in tropical waters.
- Ranging functionality with 0.1 m precision.
- Doppler resilience of ±4 knots or better.
- Support for coherent and incoherent communication schemes.
- Support for arbitrary signal transmission as well as recording (passband, baseband).
- Support for user defined communication schemes using UnetStack.
* Depending on channel conditions and reliability requirements.
Designed with ease of integration and flexibility as the primary focus, the embedded configuration (EC) is ideal for integration to bigger platforms such as AUV, ROVs or sensors. Available with pressure hull option for free flooded platforms.
|Modulation (software defined)||PSK-OFDM, FH-BFSK|
|FEC (Forward Error Correction)||- LDPC (up to 1/6 rate code)
- JANUS (1/2 rate convolution code)
|JANUS support||Yes, subject to operating frequency band|
|Carrier frequency||24 kHz|
|Bandwidth||12 kHz (20 - 32 kHz)|
|Source level||185 dB re 1 µPa @ 1 m rms (nominal)|
|User Interface||Interactive web UI|
|Power supply||22 - 28 VDC (24 VDC recommended)|
|Power consumption||< 4 W (receive mode, nominal)
< 60 W (transmit mode, avg.)
< 80 W (transmit mode, max.)
|External interface||Ethernet (10/100 Mbps)*|
|On-board storage||32 GB*|
|Operating depth||2000 m (Transducer)|
|Dimensions||⌀ 105 ✕ 150 mm|
|Operating temperature||0 to 70 °C (Electronics), 0 to 40 °C (Transducer)|
* Upgrades available. Read more.