Silver Edition Standalone Configuration Modem
Subnero’s silver edition underwater modem is the workhorse communication node to be used in the general commercial deployments. This modem also provides options for customization and extension at many levels, allowing network protocols as well as physical layer algorithms to be implemented and tested easily.
- Up to 15 kbps data rate*.
- Up to 5 km communication range in tropical waters.
- Ranging functionality with 0.1 m precision.
- Doppler resilience of ±4 knots or better.
- Support for coherent and incoherent communication schemes.
- Support for arbitrary signal transmission as well as recording (passband, baseband).
- Support for user defined communication schemes using UnetStack.
- Support for multiple receiving channels for a variety of applications.
* Depending on channel conditions and reliability requirements.
A modem in the standalone configuration (SC) operates on external power source such as a battery (for underwater deployments) or a power supply (for deployments from the water surface).
|Modulation (software defined)||PSK-OFDM, FH-BFSK|
|FEC (Forward Error Correction)||- LDPC (up to 1/6 rate code)
- JANUS (1/2 rate convolution code)
|JANUS support||Yes, subject to operating frequency band|
|Carrier frequency||24 kHz|
|Bandwidth||12 kHz (20 - 32 kHz)|
|Source level||185 dB re 1 µPa @ 1 m rms (nominal)|
|User Interface||Interactive web UI|
|Power supply||22 - 28 VDC (24 VDC recommended)|
|Power consumption||< 4 W (receive mode, nominal)
< 60 W (transmit mode, avg.)
< 80 W (transmit mode, max.)
|External interface||Ethernet (10/100 Mbps)*|
|On-board storage||32 GB*|
|Operating depth||100 m*|
|Dimensions||⌀ 127 ✕ 280 mm|
|Operating temperature||0 to 40 °C|
* Upgrades available. Read more.