Subnero provides communications, networking and robotics solutions to the sub-sea engineering, environment monitoring and defense industries. We have a reputation for innovation and are currently looking to expand our team.
At Subnero, we believe that quality is key, since our reputation drives our success. Quality comes naturally when everyone owns the task they undertake, do it with pride, and give it their best. We also practice a culture of openness and continual improvement, giving and accepting timely feedback. We don’t believe in being constrained by conventional thinking – no idea is too crazy to discuss! We like people who think out-of-the-box, innovate and come up with solutions that push the boundary of what is possible.
As the production engineer, you will be responsible for the production of various Subnero WNC offerings. You will primarily work with the sales team to build and keep an inventory of various products and deliver them to customers. You will also be the interface between the R&D engineering team and our production vendors as well as some of our customers. As the link between the engineering team and product operations, you will coordinate software/hardware rollouts and provide engineers with adequate data, operational details, and initial root cause analysis in cases of customer support.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Understand various Subnero products and solutions.
- Plan, manage, and oversee all elements of the production of Subnero WNC portfolio.
- Inventory management, procurement and components kitting.
- Work with vendors to manufacture and assemble various electrical and mechanical sub-components.
- In-house assembly of sub-assemblies and complete products for shipment.
- Production testing of sub-assemblies and complete products.
- Inspection and other quality assurance processes for incoming parts and outgoing products.
- Ensure various regulatory standards are met (E.g CE marking).
- Streamlining and improvement of the production process.
- Assess and analyze current production methods.
- Develop and draft an improved production process.
- Design and implement cost-reductive changes.
- Increase speed and efficiency of processes without compromising quality.
- Ensure all steps of the production run smoothly and efficiently.
- Work within set budgetary plans for the project.
- Create and maintain production process documentation.
- Support for product maintenance.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 or more years of relevant experience in electrical/electronics system support preferred. Managerial experience a plus.
- Experience in troubleshooting various electronics systems will be an advantage.
- Keen attention to detail and proven problem resolution skills.
- Ability to work independently on multiple large, individual projects, or major segments of complex company-wide projects.
- Comfortable working in a startup environment.
- Ability to maintain positive vendor and client relationships.
My Careers Future link.
If you think you will fit in into an environment that values openness, ownership, quality and innovation, we’d like to hear from you. To explore a career with us, email us at hr @ subnero.com