Platinum Edition Embedded Configuration Modem
Delivering performance under the toughest environmental conditions, Subnero’s platinum edition modems are designed to meet rigorous quality standards mandated by sectors such as defense, oil & gas and subsea engineering.
- Up to 15 kbps data rate*.
- Up to 5 km communication range in tropical waters.
- Ranging functionality with 0.1 m precision.
- Doppler resilience of ±4 knots or better.
- Support for coherent and incoherent communication schemes.
- Support for arbitrary signal transmission as well as recording (passband, baseband).
- Support for user defined communication schemes using UnetStack.
- Certified for various MIL standards.
* Depending on channel conditions and reliability requirements.
Designed with ease of integration and flexibilty as the primary focus, the embedded configuration (EC) is ideal for integration to underwater platforms such as AUV, ROVs or sensor platforms.
|Modulation (software defined)||PSK-OFDM, FH-BFSK|
|FEC (Forward Error Correction)||- LDPC (up to 1/6 rate code)
- JANUS (1/2 rate convolution code)
|JANUS support||Yes, subject to operating frequency band|
|Carrier frequency||24 kHz|
|Bandwidth||12 kHz (20 - 32 kHz)|
|Source level||185 dB re 1 µPa @ 1 m rms (nominal)|
|User interface||Interactive web UI|
|Power supply||22 - 28 VDC (24 VDC recommended)|
|Power consumption||< 4 W (receive mode, nominal)
< 60 W (transmit mode, avg.)
< 80 W (transmit mode, max.)
< 1.5 W (sleep mode)
|External interface||Ethernet (10/100 Mbps), RS232 (115200 bps)|
|Operating depth||Hull: 300 m
Transducer: 2000 m
|Dimensions||SC: ⌀ 127 ✕ 400 mm
EC: 90 ✕ 90 ✕ 180 mm
|Operating temperature||SC: 0 to 50 °C
EC: 0 to 70 °C (Electronics), 0 to 50 °C (Transducer)
|Supported MIL standards||MIL-STD-810G, MIL-STD-810E, MIL-STD-461E|
|Workmanship||- IPC class 2A
- Conformal coating
- Environmental Stress Screening (ESS)