Platinum Edition Standalone Configuration Modem
Delivering performance under the toughest environmental conditions, Subnero’s platinum edition modems are designed to meet rigorous quality standards mandated by sectors such as defense, oil & gas and subsea engineering.
- Up to 15 kbps data rate*.
- Up to 5 km communication range (horizontal & vertical) in tropical waters.
- Ranging functionality with 0.1 m precision.
- Doppler resilience of ±4 knots or better.
- Support for coherent and incoherent communication schemes.
- Support for arbitrary signal transmission as well as recording (passband, baseband).
- Support for user defined communication schemes using UnetStack.
- Certified for various MIL standards.
* Depending on channel conditions and reliability requirements.
A modem in the standalone configuration (SC) operates on external power source such as a battery (for underwater deployments) or a power supply (for deployments from the water surface).
|Modulation (software defined)||PSK-OFDM, FH-BFSK|
|FEC (Forward Error Correction)||- LDPC (up to 1/6 rate code)
- JANUS (1/2 rate convolution code)
|JANUS support||Yes, subject to operating frequency band|
|Carrier frequency||25 kHz|
|Bandwidth||12 kHz (20 - 32 kHz)|
|User interface||Interactive web UI|
|Power supply||22 - 28 VDC (24 VDC recommended)|
|Power consumption||< 4 W (receive mode, nominal)
< 60 W (transmit mode, avg.)
< 80 W (transmit mode, max.)
< 1.5 W (sleep mode)
|External interface||Ethernet (10/100 Mbps), RS232 (115200 bps)|
|Operating depth||Hull: 300 m
Transducer: 2000 m
|Dimensions||SC: ⌀ 127 ✕ 400 mm
EC: 90 ✕ 90 ✕ 180 mm
|Operating temperature||SC: 0 to 50 °C
EC: 0 to 70 °C (Electronics), 0 to 50 °C (Transducer)
|Supported MIL standards||MIL-STD-810G, MIL-STD-810E, MIL-STD-461E|
|Workmanship||- IPC class 2A
- Conformal coating
- Environmental Stress Screening (ESS)