Silver Edition Standalone Configuration Modem
Subnero’s silver edition underwater modem is the workhorse communication node to be used in the general commercial deployments. This modem also provides options for customization and extension at many levels, allowing network protocols as well as physical layer algorithms to be implemented and tested easily.
- Up to 15 kbps data rate*.
- Up to 5 km communication range (horizontal & vertical) in tropical waters.
- Ranging functionality with 0.1 m precision.
- Doppler resilience of ±4 knots or better.
- Support for coherent and incoherent communication schemes.
- Support for arbitrary signal transmission as well as recording (passband, baseband).
- Support for user defined communication schemes using UnetStack.
- Support for multiple receiving channels for a variety of applications.
* Depending on channel conditions and reliability requirements.
The standalone configuration (SC) is designed with a pressure housing to support different deployment depths and to function on an external power source, which could be a battery for underwater deployments or a power supply when deployed from the water surface. This configuration is optimized for maximum flexibility and reliability in a wide range of deployment scenarios, ensuring seamless and uninterrupted data transmission even in challenging environments.
|Modulation (software defined)||PSK-OFDM, FH-BFSK|
|FEC (Forward Error Correction)||- LDPC (up to 1/6 rate code)
- JANUS (1/2 rate convolution code)
|JANUS support||Yes, subject to operating frequency band|
|Carrier frequency||25 kHz|
|Bandwidth||12 kHz (20 - 32 kHz)|
|User Interface||Interactive web UI|
|Power supply||22 - 28 VDC (24 VDC recommended)|
|Power consumption||< 4 W (receive mode, nominal)
< 45 W (transmit mode, avg.)< 1 mW (deep sleep mode)
|External interface||Ethernet (10/100 Mbps)*|
|On-board storage||32 GB*|
|Operating depth||100 m*|
|Dimensions||⌀ 127 ✕ 270 mm|
|Operating temperature||0 to 40 °C|
* Upgrades available. Read more.